Friday, September 16, 2022

Five Minute Friday: SPONTANEOUS

This post is part of the weekly Five Minute Friday series. Five minutes of free-flow writing, shared with whoever wants to read it. This week’s prompt is: SPONTANEOUS. 

_____GO

So my goal for this year was to do every prompt given through the Five Minute Friday series.  I had been doing SO WELL!  I have been so impressed with myself that I have taken the time to do something "for me", even if it was just 10 minutes (ok, so I cheat a little) to get it done.  I actually followed through each week!  That is, until Aug 8th, also known as the week I started grad school.  WOOF, is all I have to say.  I am so busy with the kids, and work, and ministry, and now an extra 30 hrs a week of school work with reading, papers, assignments, tests, etc.  

Have. Mercy.

So, some things have had to be put on the back burner.  This blog, with the 5 empty draft posts, is right there next to my nightly Netflix binge and quality time with my husband.

I think the issue is that I really need more than 5 minutes to make this work.  The words might take five to type out, but in all honesty, I have to mull over the topic for a bit before I can decide what to write.  I can't think of something off the cuff like that, especially when it's going to be shared on the internet (to the three people who will actually read it).





Maybe I should be more willing to let things not be perfect and let be what will be.

Nah, probably not gonna happen.  But it's nice to think about. 

Either way, I'm going to get them all done before the end of the year.  Somehow.  Sometime.

STOP. (For real five minutes this time)

4 comments:

  1. Oh, blessings on your busy life! I am like you in that I need time to think about a prompt. Often I check the Five Minute Friday facebook page on Thursday night. I muse on the word before going to bed and then the next morning I might have an idea sorted out in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Grad school ... just, wow. Blessings on your huge task ahead - and don't worry about FMF - we'll be here! (FMF#11)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was working on a project
    and I made a bad mistake;
    whole thing looked just like a reject,
    but I did a double-take
    and I realized that I could fix
    the thing, no, not as good as new,
    but when all was washed out in the mix
    I found that it would do.
    Through it fell far from perfection
    and would always bear a scar,
    it would show, upon reflection,
    that the sum of who we are
    in this noisy haunted crazy place
    is just disaster wrapped in God's bright grace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember those days, going through my master's program, homeschooling my kiddos, and teaching my youth group, trying to balance it all! Give yourself lots of grace! You can only do so much and your family is priority. Praying you find your balance!

    ReplyDelete