Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Five Minute Friday: TOGETHER

 This post is part of the weekly Five Minute Friday series. Five minutes of free-flow writing shared with whoever wants to read it. This week’s prompt is: TOGETHER

_____GO

This time next week, we will enter a new stage.  One I've dreaded for 5 years and 10 months.  Millie is going to Kindergarten!




She is so ready.  She is smart.  Fiercely independent.  A loyal friend.  And brave beyond belief.

She is a momma's girl, through and through.  Over the past two years, we have spent a ton of time together.  She missed out on almost two years of daycare because of COVID, so she hasn't had the socialization that Jude had at her age.  However, her going off to school just feels different.  She didn't get very much 1-on-1 Momma time.  Jude came home from school in early 2020 when COVID hit and the babies came that same year.  I feel like her 'middle childness' hit her in the midst of so much life upheaval. A pandemic, my high risk pregnancy, no more daycare, Jude at home 24/7, moving homes, missing our church and Sunday school, Jude doing virtual school at home, twin baby sisters arrive and stay in the NICU for a month, with MIA Momma and Daddy as a result, and even more isolation to keep us all safe.

It's fine.  We're fine.  She's gonna do great.  I know it.  I will eventually get on board.  I'm excited to see her blossom into who the Lord has made her to be.  But right now, all I know is that I'm gonna miss my little sidekick and I'm sad this stage is a week away from being officially over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment