Friday, September 30, 2022

Five Minute Friday: ROAD

This post is part of the weekly Five Minute Friday series. Five minutes of free-flow writing, shared with whoever wants to read it. This week’s prompt is: ROAD.


Straight

Windy

Open

Standstill

Less traveled

Popular

Back roads

Traffic

Lonely

Speedy

Slow

Empty

Packed

Standstill

Creeping

Broken

Underwater

Cracked

Unknown

Dirt 

Unexpected

Clay

Concrete 

Shifting sand 


No matter what it looks like.  No matter the conditions.  No matter who is traveling beside.  He is always there, leading the way. 






4 comments:

  1. Give me that white line ahead,
    give me now the open road!
    But it really fries my bread
    that my vehicle's a toad.
    Corners like a drunken cow,
    and when I've a stoplight challenger,
    the thing speeds up just like a plow,
    acceleration marked by calendar.
    The engine gives a high-pitched squeal,
    that I discern right through the seat,
    and folks ask just what kind of meal
    the hamsters within get to eat,
    but all is good and mighty fine,
    for the pink slip's finally mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your approach to this prompt! More thought-provoking than expected! :) FMF19

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the promise. Thank you. I liked seeing your brainstorm too. #26

    ReplyDelete