Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Five Minute Friday: BE

 This post is part of the weekly Five Minute Friday series. Five minutes of free-flow writing shared with whoever wants to read it. This week’s prompt is: BE

_____GO

Be still and know that I am God.

Be of good courage!

I hardly ever talk about it, but I had cancer.  Parotid Gland Cancer to be exact.  Somehow, for some reason, cancer decided to set up shop in my parotid gland... It's an extremely rare form of head and neck cancer, but despite it being rare, it happened to me.

I had no symptoms, no clues as to what was going on, other than a very slow growing lump in front of my ear.

At one of my OBGYN appts, I finally had to courage to bring it up, "Hey, I've noticed this lump.  Is this some weird pregnancy thing?" cause if I've learned anything after 3 go 'rounds, pregnancy is cuckoo cocopuffs.  

Turns out this is a story that's longer than 5 minutes, so I'll just end by saying, as I was being wheeled into surgery, scared out of my mind, I kept reciting Joshua 1:9... "Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go....
even here.  Even in this surgical room."

STOP___

No comments:

Post a Comment