Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Five Minute Friday: TWENTY

 This post is part of the weekly Five Minute Friday series. Five minutes of free-flow writing shared with whoever wants to read it. This (last's) week’s prompt is: TWENTY.  

_____GO

We are a large group.  Twenty plus me.  Four I birthed, one I married, and 15 that were, or have become, a part of my new family.  In 2009 when I became a part of the group, there were only 9 of us, but we have been quite prolific.

I've never been a part of a large family.  In fact, my side of the family consists of a mom, dad, sister, and a few cousins.  Before my grandma died, there were more that would gather, but it was nothing like the Suttons.

When we are all together, we are quite the sight.  Boisterous, hilarious, and to outsiders, overwhelming.  I remember walking into the room for the first time and being so taken aback at the size of the 'family is coming over'. 

Twenty plus me.  I'm so thankful to be a piece of the puzzle. 

30A Vacay 2022


No comments:

Post a Comment