Thursday, May 26, 2022

Five Minute Friday: VISION

This post is part of the weekly Five Minute Friday series. Five minutes of free-flow writing shared with whoever wants to read it. This week’s prompt is: VISION.  

______GO


I make sure their pjs are very different and pay attention when I get them dressed.  They have to be wearing something that is distinguishable.  Either in color or bold pattern. 


The are on me all night long.  Eating, cuddling, just being close.  I like to know who is who, even in the dark.  Even without my glasses on.  I need the patterns, or colors, to be able to whisper "I love you, Lucy" or "I'm right here, Ellie" correctly.  


In the light of day, with the correct prescription on my eyes, when they are looking my way, I can tell. But from behind, and across the room, I have no clue.  When I get them dressed, I typically put Lucy in Hearts, or the world LOVE (because of "I love Lucy") and Eleanor in Polka-Dots (because of the polka dot hemangioma on her back).  It just makes life easier.  And we will take any amount of easy we can get these days.




Sometimes we don't have hearts and dots, so then Lucy get stripes (cause once E got dots and stripes was the only other option, so it just stuck).  But then we also have a dress of polka-dot hearts, so things can get kind of jumbled up.  Sometimes we match them just to mix it up, so I have to pay attention to the socks or shoes they wear. 


Oh the things I never had to worry about before these two identical little ladies of mine.  Twins are fun!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea to have one in hearts or stripes and the other in dots. I don't have twins, but my children were closely spaced (11 months), so one girl wore pink and the other girl wore purple. With the boys, one wore red and one wore blue, etc. on down the line. Having a certain color really helped when they were all little ones.

    ReplyDelete