Friday, May 13, 2022

Five Minute Friday: BOTH

This post is part of the weekly Five Minute Friday series. Five minutes of free-flow writing shared with whoever wants to read it. This week’s prompt is: BOTH.  

______GO


I'm starting to learn that life is not either/or but it's both/and.  Had I learned this truth earlier, it would have saved me immense inner turmoil.  Here are some things that this newfound realization has brought clarity to.

1- Mother hood is BOTH beautiful AND exhausting.

2- My parents are BOTH my favorite supporters AND my biggest frustrations. 

3- I love my job AND want to quit almost every day.

4- I love being pregnant because it brings about my greatest treasures, AND hate it because of what it does to my body.

5- I love my children so much I could cry AND they frustrate me with their constant whining.

6- I was so excited when Lucy was coming home from the NICU, AND absolutely wrecked that we were leaving Eleanor behind. 

7- I am so thankful that the babies are healthy AND I am traumatized and grieve the early days that were so hard to walk through. 

8- My children bring me so much joy and pride that I feel like my heart is going to explode AND they embarrass the heck out of me when they blatantly disobey me, especially in front of others.  

I think the both/and duality in life is what keeps us going.  It's what helps us make it to the end of the day and want to wake up for another.  It's feeling like I've yelled all day long but not wanting to leave their bedside as we talk about our day, they drift off to sleep, and I spend an extra hour staring at how marvelous they are. 

I'm so grateful that the Lord lets me live in the Both/And. 

STOP.

No comments:

Post a Comment