Friday, March 25, 2022

Five Minute Friday: SPRING

This post is part of the weekly Five Minute Friday series. Five minutes of free-flow writing shared with whoever wants to read it. This week’s prompt is: SPRING.

__________

I cannot fathom that it is already the end of March... It seems as if we JUST stayed up late celebrating the New Year!  A full quarter of the year 2022, already passed.  I still have a hard time writing 2022 on papers. I actually wrote 2014 the other day.  Maybe my brain needed a moment to think back on life with only one child.

Every year about this time, I have this same conversation in my head.  Wondering where the time went... My dad used to say that time goes by quicker the older you get, and I am beginning to realize how right he was.  The days seem to stretch on, but the years are so short. Even my weeks fly by.  When asked how I was doing the other day, I said "so busy".  Have we always been this busy and it just feels amplified because we stopped long enough to reset during the pandemic?

Whether we are ready or not, Spring has sprung.  There are gardens to be planted, grass to mow, houses to clean, evenings to be spent outside, Flonase to be sprayed, and life to be lived before it's already next Spring. 

STOP.

First Spring Picnic of the Year!


2 comments:

  1. It’s so true!! Time does go by faster as we age! And I’m feeling the same way about this year!! Happy Spring to you!
    -Your “neighbor” in the FMF link-up, Julee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time goes on and on and on,
    and I do not have a care
    unless it just will not be gone
    when I'm in the dentist's chair.
    I recall a day long past
    when he turned on me the light,
    then said to his assistant lass,
    "Hold him down, and hold him tight!"
    Then he knelt upon my chest,
    and he was big, crushed me beneath,
    then remarked, "It's for the best
    that I take your wisdom teeth."
    At end I looked, with all his cuts,
    like squirrel with mouth chock-full of nuts.

    ReplyDelete