Friday, April 15, 2022

Five Minute Friday: COFFEE

This post is part of the weekly Five Minute Friday series. Five minutes of free-flow writing shared with whoever wants to read it. This week’s prompt is: COFFEE.  I am incredibly behind, but I made the goal to do every prompt this year, so I am writing a few today. 

_________

The question is often asked, "If you could have coffee with anyone, from any time, who would you choose?"  I'm sure I should say Jesus, or some other character from the Bible, but in honesty, I would choose myself.  However, I'm not sure if I would pick the younger me or the older me.

If I were to visit my younger self, I would say:  Stop Striving.  Stop planning.  Our life is going to be way better than anything you can even imagine, or plan for.  You will be surrounded with more love, hugs, and slobbery kisses than you thought possible.  All of the pain, heartbreak and struggles will make you into someone who can empathize to people who have gone through the same.  The unknown isn't quite as scary on this side of things.

If I were to visit my older self, I would say:  What in the hell is going on in my life?  How does this stage turn out?  Will I ever get back to myself outside of babies?  I get it.  I know I will miss it.  I already do, even in the thick of it.  But.  Do I come out on the other side?  What does the new me look like?  Am I happy?  Am I serving?  Do I feel like me again?

It turns out the younger me needed the same reassurance the now me is searching for.  I hope I find the answers. 


---Stop---

No comments:

Post a Comment