Friday, March 25, 2022

Five Minute Friday: EASY

This post is part of the weekly Five Minute Friday series. Five minutes of free-flow writing shared with whoever wants to read it. This week’s prompt is: EASY.

__________

I didn't know I was doing it, but I was watching.  I watched her as she stood there holding her baby.  It looked so natural.  She swayed as she talked to another mom, while she watched her daughter on the balance beam.  It looks so easy, I thought.  Just one.  

One is so easily contained.  You can chase after one.  You can hold one.  You can have your undivided attention on one.  It seems so much more manageable. 

If the baby cries, you can console her. Bounce him.  Sway until she quiets down.  If that doesn't work, you can put him down, let him run around and walk behind him, making sure he doesn't fall down the stairs, or drink from a strangers cup.

A few months ago, I took one baby to the doctor and felt like I was invincible.  It's what I assumed it was like to have baby #3.  

It's funny how our perspective changes.  5 years ago, I was this mom, so I can attest and I KNOW that it isn't easy.  Every day is a struggle.  I will go to my grave saying that we are all at max capacity, no matter how many kids you currently have.  But now, one baby in your arms, and in your care, seems so foreign.  

But the Lord knew I needed more. So we went from 2 to 4, and I'll never look back.

Momma and the #suttonsibs


No comments:

Post a Comment