Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Five Minute Friday: ACHIEVE

This post is part of the weekly Five Minute Friday series. Five minutes of free-flow writing shared with whoever wants to read it. This week’s prompt is: ACHIEVE.

_____

I'll be honest.  I'm writing this post two weeks late.  Not because I haven't had the time.  It's just that I haven't had the words.  But in the quest to actually stick to writing, I'll try.

I think my hesitation has come because "Achieve" is kind of a hot topic button for me.  Full disclosure- if I don't go into a challenge at least 90% sure I can complete it and do it well, I probably won't even try.  

Tryouts, auditions, or anything else that has a critique of any kind... that's a HARD PASS.

It's been like that forever.  While I am driven and as hard headed as they come, failure stops me dead in my tracks.  Because if I don't achieve my goal, everyone will know, and will see that I am not good enough. 

I'm assuming most people struggle with this, right?  Each of us have this lie inside, that was deeply planted thousands of years ago in the garden.  The lie that says everyone is against us, when all we truly want is to be fully seen and loved.

So, although it's something I have to actively work on, I am thankful that the battle has already been won.  The enemy has been defeated. The lie has been uncovered and washed away.  I just have to believe it. 


STOP.

The Terrible Lie:
Jesus Storybook Bible


1 comment: