Saturday, January 29, 2022

Five Minute Friday: Trial

This post is part of the weekly Five Minute Friday series. Five minutes of free-flow writing shared with whoever wants to read it. This week’s prompt is: TRIAL.

__________

“We’ll see” seems to be my motto for ministry. (Shoutout Belton Hope House Ministry)

While we are constantly modifying our programs, I never know what is or isn’t going to work. However, when the Lord leads, I say ok.

Mommas need coats for their babies? Ok, we’ll make it work. Boom, “Coats for Kids” is up and running. The first year I brought a box of lost and found coats and laid them on the ground to pass out. Was it pretty? No. Did it meet the need? Yes. 

Families need some Christmas help? I’ll see what I can come up with.  “Christmas for Kids” started out helping one family and I sat around their tree and wrapped presents with their mom for hours. It’s still one of the best days I’ve had in ministry. 

A complete overhaul due to a global pandemic? Sure, why not. Hope House now has a drive thru. 

All of our greatest ideas at the Hope House have been born out of a “we’ll see”. A prayer and a promise. A deep breath and a shaky “here we go”. Butterflies as we unlock the door to the next project.

God says move, so we move. God says stay, so we stay. God says now, so we start to sprint. 

What should we try next? 

STOP . 



1 comment:

  1. Blessings to you as you are open to God's lead! Your flexibility and obedience are clear evidence that you Love God & Love People!

    ReplyDelete