Friday, December 9, 2022

Five Minute Friday: SIMPLE

This post is part of the weekly Five Minute Friday series. Five minutes of free-flow writing, shared with whoever wants to read it. This week’s prompt is: SIMPLE.


When did it get so complicated?

Every few days, there seems to be another event or party that we can’t miss.

November through January are always jammed packed with all the things.

I know it’s so that we can give them a magical childhood,

but good gracious.

So.Tired.

And it’s only December 9th, (I think).

A baby in a manger.

Advent.

The anticipation of the coming Christ.

A messiah sent,

born in a stable

in a barn

in the middle of nowhere.

No fanfare.

No event.

Just silence

and a baby’s first cry.

That’s what it’s always been about.

All the other stuff is fluff.

Seems like I just need some reminding.


My sweet little Angel, sheep and two spectators
at our church's Family Night in Bethleham production. 


3 comments:

  1. The busy-ness can certainly overshadow the simple truths of what we're to be celebrating this time of year. We do need reminding. Visiting from FMF#18

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas used to make me dizzy,
    and I'd get really uninspired,
    but now, with cancer, I'm not busy
    doing stuff that makes me tired.
    I just lean in to the days
    listen to the Christmas carols,
    ponder all the means and ways
    to test our guns in pipe-range barrels
    (but is that inappropriate?..
    don't think so, we're in cowboy land,
    and range time is hard to get,
    so I hope you understand).
    I just lost my train of thinking,
    but Look! the tree-lights are a-blinking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so easy to get caught up in the busyness. Enjoy the season and keep it simple. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete