Thursday, December 8, 2022

Five Minute Friday: REPRESENT



This post is part of the weekly Five Minute Friday series. Five minutes of free-flow writing, shared with whoever wants to read it. This week’s prompt is: REPRESENT.

________________

It's funny to me how we are recognized according to certain groups.  A running joke in our marriage when we go somewhere is whether I'll be recognized as Jeff's wife or he will be recognized as Jen's husband.  It all depends on the relationship within which we are being referenced.  
It's a social experiment of sorts:
Did we meet the person at the same time?  Is one of us closer to the person?  Does it change over time when we both have known the individual for a long time?

Is it a UMHB connection?  Then I'll 100% of the time be Jeff's wife.  
If it's someone in the Hope world, he will typically be "Jen's husband".  
Haiti?  Madam Jeff, all the way.
Hope House?  Mr. Jen.

But, more often than not, I'm the wife of the easily recognizable Jeff.

I am many things, but by far, my most favorite is Jeff's wife. 



No comments:

Post a Comment