Friday, June 24, 2022

Five Minute Friday: Guess

 This post is part of the weekly Five Minute Friday series. Five minutes of free-flow writing shared with whoever wants to read it. This (last's) week’s prompt is: Guess.  

_____GO


I love surprises. Big. Small. Medium.  I don't care.  As long as I don't see it coming.

One of my favorite things about being a momma is the gifts that my kids get for me.  Jeff and I always let the kids choose.  More often than not, the gifts end up being something for the "family" ie, a game the big kids really want.  Over the years we have been given board games, kites, bubbles, a whole slew of Unicorn gifts, and of course the #1 Mom mug.  Jeff has gotten "a shirt with our faces on it so he can take us to work".

However, this Mother's Day, there was no way I was going to guess this gift.


That's right, an inflatable unicorn water slide. 

For the first few weeks we had it in our front room.  The twins loved it because we filled it with their balls and they can slide into them, which lets me get a little bit of work done.  






Last week, Jeff finally put it outside and filled it with water.  





Needless to say, the ridiculousness actually turned into the perfect gift.  Getting to watch my kids play carefree in our yard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment