Friday, April 22, 2022

Five Minute Friday: RUN

This post is part of the weekly Five Minute Friday series. Five minutes of free-flow writing shared with whoever wants to read it. This week’s prompt is: RUN.  

______GO

Sometimes it's like I can't turn my brain off.  And by sometimes, I mean all the time.  My thoughts are constant.  I don't even notice how intense it is until I am attempting some 'me' time.  Massages are the worst.  {But also the best}

I'll catch myself in the middle of a thought tangent, with no clue how I got there, and get frustrated that I have wasted a portion of my relaxation time thinking about how monkeys would look if they didn't have hair. 

Sometimes, I will have entire conversations in my head and then blurt out the final sentence and leave my husband scratching his head as to why I don't understand that he doesn't understand what I'm saying.  However, after 12+ years, he can typically guess what I'm talking about, even from a short sentence.  

A game I like to play with myself is 'where did this come from', sort of like a backwards math equation.

Example:

We're driving down the road and I see a billboard for the zoo.  
We should take the kids to the zoo next weekend.  
We can't this weekend, because I have to work.
I should put a meal in the crockpot since I have to work.
We have a ton of tortillas because I forgot they were on the list and added them again, after we bought some last week.
I should make enchilada soup with all the tortillas, but it's too hot today.  I'll put it on the list for this week.
We also have a lot of potatoes, I want potato soup.  But it's too hot. 
I can't believe it's already 90 in April.  We should go to the pool soon. 
It's open now.
So is Frosti Cone, we should get a snow cone. 
There's a new food truck next to Frosti Cone that sounded good.  I think it has different kinds of tacos.  Chicken, beef, shrimp, and goat.
"How about Goat Tacos?!"

Poor Jeff.



STOP_______

2 comments:

  1. Jen, I can so relate. I can't shut my head off either and often wonder how my internal dialog conversation got there in the first place. How did my thought start, looped around to everything else all for me to think, what was I thinking in the first place. Blessings.
    FMF#22

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, your brain sounds like mine. It helps me to journal, but I don't have littlies any more, so it's slightly easier. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete