Saturday, October 23, 2021

Five Minute Friday: Still

This post is part of the weekly Five Minute Friday. Five minutes of free-flow writing shared with whoever wants to read it. This week’s prompt is: STILL.
__________


No matter how much I get accomplished, there is always more to do. I finish the laundry, just to see another pile growing on the floor. I wash the dishes, only to have more put in as soon as I dry my hands. The older one needs more spelling words practiced. The middle wants another snack. The babies want to eat again, just as soon as I button up my shirt. And for real. Everyone is STILL hungry?!?


I still have emails to answer, calls to return, forms to fill out, teeth to brush, lunches to pack, bottles to clean, and a bed to eventually climb into.


But, every once in a while, in the middle of the never ending to-do list, I am able to pause, take a step back, and peer into our life. I am so grateful for the chaos. Being busy reminds me just how much I have to be thankful for. A wonderful family that I get to be momma to. An amazing husband who, for whatever reason the Lord sees fit, loves me most. A wonderful ministry where I get to see the work the Lord is doing in the hard places in our community and world. And I am in awe of His goodness. Because even in the busyness, His hand is steady.


Stop.

5 comments:

  1. Visiting from FMF, I love this! It reminds me of the days when our kids were younger. They are now 15 and 12 so no more bottles for sure! Your perspective is priceless. So glad you are taking time to be still and count these things as gifts. Blessings to you and your family, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is true, there is always something still to be done :) But when we still ourselves, we discover just how many blessings are in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kids are not what I have had,
    and that is the best of things;
    God Himself is really glad,
    because, for them, I gave no wings.
    There are fifteen dogs, live here,
    they had nowhere else to go,
    but they offer love and cheer
    beyond that which I see, and know.
    They give me hope, and faith's bright answer
    through the days that try my soul,
    the days of doubt, the days of cancer;
    'tis their barking keeps me whole,
    and keeps me rooted in today,
    for which there is no other way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, there's always something more to do! Especially for a busy mom. But praise God - his hand is steady!

    FMF #26 (Thanks for your visit!)

    ReplyDelete