Saturday, February 7, 2015

I'm BAAACCKKK!

After a short hiatus last year, I am finally returning to this bloggity blog.

Because I am such an avid blogger (that one time) I figured I needed to take a step back (2014) to focus on me and mine.  So after much self reflection and new found determination, I'm gonna give it another go.

Here's to 2015 and the many posts (maybe 2?) that are to come.

Here are some things you missed in 2014:

- 29 and 30!  Last year I turned 29 which means this year I turn 30.  So, stay tuned because I have been burning through my 30 before 30 list.  Jeff turned 30 so he has basically been in mourning this year.  BUT I surprised him with a trip to NYC to see Newsies for his bday (and knocked a few things off my 30 before 30 list along the way!) so that helped to ease him into it.  The way I see it is that a guy in his 30s is chasing after a girl in her 20s, and WINNING!




- Jude is 2!  Jude has so much energy and is giving Jeff and I a run for our money in the "Funniest Sutton" contest.  He is constantly making me laugh and is learning new things every day.  Probably my favorite thing he does now is dance.  He knows all the moves to the Cru Spirit dance and does it better than I do.  He is a big fan of all the classics "All about that Base" by Meghan Trainor, "Animals" by Maroon 5, and "Turn down for What" by Dj Snake and Lil John and dances accordingly.  However the "spin in a circle and smack that" is still his go to.  Before you get all huffy, he knows all the words to "Jesus loves me" too.  Don't judge.





- Jude is 2!  Oh my word, is he ever.  He is the cutest dude you will ever see and his personality is to die for, but sometimes... it is to DIE for.  And seriously, if I hear another "it should be called the terrible threes" then I will go all cray on you.  Who does that... for real though? 



- We have a new addition to our ministry called the Hope House.  I will for sure be blogging about it at some point in the next few years, so be on the look out.  The Lord has done some crazy things to make that dream a reality.




- We were able to take some family vacations this year.  Aside from our 'vacations' to Haiti, we went to the beach with the Sutton clan and spent a week with the Savages in NOLA.  We had a blast.  It's so great to spend time with family.  It's never long enough, but we'll take what we can get.







- We've been married 5 years!  It's crazy that it's already been five years but at the same time it's crazy that it's ONLY been 5 years.  In a good way, of course.  We just keep getting better with time.  And I don't know anyone else who would agree to dress up like a cow with me on our anniversary.  What a guy!




Needless to say 2014 was a pretty fantastic year and I was sad to see it go, but I know that 2015 will be just as great.  Some pretty exciting stuff is in the works already!  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment