Friday, September 6, 2013

Five Minute Friday: RED

Join us for our Five Minute Friday.  Today's topic is: RED.
____________________

I am not what one would call an athlete… or athletic… or even coordinated. 

I’m clumsy and look like a baby deer when I try and run.
(Cue Phoebe run)



I sprained my ankle a few months ago by walking.

Yes walking.

Imagine my embarrassment when limping into the Doctor’s office and explaining my injury during my sport of “walking to my car”.  Quite a dangerous sport, I say.

But when I do the least little bit of anything... my face turns red.

Not a slight hue of color with a glistening bead of sweat.

No, no.  A full on almost purple face of “athleticism”.

Run a marathon?  Nope, just took a walk in Texas.

RED.

I am also not what someone would call “tan”.
Nope.  Just white.
When all of my friends (and family) go into the sun, what do they get?  A tan.  What do I get?

RED. 

Not red turned to tan… just red.  Sometimes turned to blisters.

But you know what?  Guess who else has this gene? 

One of my favorite people in the world…

JUDE!
 

My poor little pasty baby… he is so white.  When we were in Haiti, he looked like he was glowing against his beautifully dark skinned brothers and sisters.

Fourth of July?  He was as red as his Americana shirt and hat. 
Not because of a sunburn (I’ve recently taken up stock in baby sunscreen), just because he was hot.



And he’s mine!  My own little red baby.  



2 comments:

  1. I can relate to being red like you share about. That in your face, can't breathe look of red, heat, summer! That baby makes the best use of red, especially since he's yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from Five Minute Friday!

    I immediately love this post because of your reference to Phoebe's run. I love Phoebe. haha Here's a fun clip. :)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_0Ta_DIWuU


    And I can totally relate to you and baby Jude on turning red. I easily turn purplish/red when working out and my friends always think I'm about to pass out. And I've had my fair share of sunburns...I'm a poor lobster when it comes to the sun.

    Jess

    ReplyDelete