Thursday, June 13, 2013

A blog... Seriously?

Ok guys... Here we go.

I don't know how great this blog is gonna be, but it's not so much for you.  I mean, I'd love for you to read it and go along with me through the journey that is my life.  But even if I, and let's be honest my momma, are the only ones to ever visit, that's fine with me.

Problem: I am incredibly scatter brained and have a really hard time sticking to something for more than a week or so...  So if in a few years, another brilliant mind with an awesome idea is bummed because I'm letting it waste away with only one post... my-b.

BUT!  If I happen to stick with it, I have an actual goal...

You see, I have a kid now.

Sweet baby boy

Scary indeed.

As I type this, he's sitting on the floor playing with my foot and sadly, I'm only half trying to keep my very dirty toe out of his mouth, cause at least he's being still.

Mother of the Year kinda stuff, right?

Even so, I'd like for him to be able to look back when I'm long gone, or in his teen years when he hates me, and see how fiercely I love him and his daddy.  Even though I'll have made lots o' mistakes, he'll know that I did my very best and in many ways grew up right beside him. I want him to see that even though he's called me momma for however many years... I'm much, much more.

My boys

Of course, I always want him to see me as Momma... but I want him to at least know that I am something more.  He has, already, in so many ways defined me.  But as much as he has, he hasn't.

And I want him to see that.

To be able to see inside my heart.

The heart that is wrapped around his little finger.

Momma and her baby
 
 
Daddy and his goober

The heart that hurts because it's so full.

And the heart that loves the Lord and is covered by His grace.

In the best AND worst moments.

Let's be honest... the majority of this blog is going to be all about how incredibly cute/sweet/precious/amazing/talented/brilliant my child is. 

First Swing!
 

I mean, come on!


 But, in between all of that, I'm going to share me.

I'm still trying to figure all this momma stuff out.  Cause life with a kid... ministry with a kid... what does that look like for us?  I just spent a week in Haiti away from my baby (and baby daddy).  This was a first and it was hard.  One of the hardest things I've ever had to do.  I learned so much from the week away and finally got the words to go along with my idea of "More than Momma".  The Lord lovingly showed me that I am not defined by my titles or roles or responsibilities.

They are a part of who I am, but not WHO I am.

I'm Jen... defined by His love and grace and will for my life.

I'm Jen... created to love the Lord with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  And to love others.

I've been blessed to be so many things... Jude's momma, Jeff's wife, a daughter, sister, minister, and friend.  So this blog is my journey of juggling all of these things at once.

And if the past is any indication, it's gonna be a bumpy ride guys.

---------

So this is for you my little love. And all of you other little loves that come along in the future.

I love you more than you will ever know.

Your More than Momma

You and Me, kiddo

1 comment:

  1. Jen ~ This momma is very proud of her baby girl. I am delighted that GOD has so amazingly blessed you by allowing you to become a momma. You have such a sweet, loving, & gentle spirit. Your choice to "Be A Light" in your daily life absolutely shines so brightly. I can't wait to see your reflection and influences on your children, as well as Jeff's. You are a great momma!

    ReplyDelete